Chris Bernard | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.867.4581
A selection of my professional copywriting work. (If you don't see something you'd like, please let me know.)
- Campaigns and Taglines. A handful of internal, client-facing, and B2B ad campaigns for which I was primary or sole copywriter while working at Carrot, UHG's internal ad agency.
- Brochure. Kroger Prescription Plans Pharmacy Benefit Management program brochure, written as a freelancer for CB&S Agency, Portland, OR.
- Brand Book. Contributed to concept and wrote copy for this OptumHealth brand book as part of an ad agency creative team.
- Direct Mail. Sample of broadcast email, written to promote an Idealware training course. Subject line: Inspiration in an Ice Bucket.
- Technical Writing/Research. Reports about nonprofit technology (1, 2) written in my capacity as Editorial, Research, and Communications Director for Idealware.
- Essays/Creative Nonfiction. An essay on fly fishing and samurai culture for Gray's Sporting Journal.
- Nonfiction/Journalism. The first chapter of Chasing Alaska (Lyons Press), a bestselling finalist for the Oregon Book Award.
- Column-Writing/Editorial. A newspaper column written on the occasion of the first Boston Red Sox World Series victory in 86 years.
- Fiction. A short story originally published in Gray's Sporting Journal and later anthologized in a book of Alaska writers.